Getting into even a minor car crash can be unnerving to say the least. Many people make the mistake of immediately just turning their claims over to their insurance company following an auto accident and move on with their lives.
But many times it may actually be in your best interest to seek out the help of a lawyer who is very skilled in auto accident claims.
Here are five reasons why if you’re involved in auto accident that you should seek out an auto accident lawyer:
1. Injuries involved in auto crashes may not manifest themselves till days or even weeks later. Many people feel fine immediately following the accident, and the vehicles may even look fine, but it may still be advantageous to cover all your bases initially by retaining an auto accident lawyer. It may take days, weeks, and months even for some people to experience pain, such as whiplash, headaches or pain in the back that may result in expensive, long term rehabilitation after an automobile injury. You don’t want to have settled your case before those issue pop up.
2. A car accident (or personal injury – PI) lawyer is skilled in assessing claims following an automobile injury. As soon as you’ve provided the facts, a car accident lawyer can easily asses for you whether getting legal action after a car crash will be worth your while or not.
3. A car accident lawyer will take care of all the negotiations, all the paperwork, and all the hassles related to everything following an auto accident. Those injured in car crashes are very often not in the physical condition or mental condition to work their way through the insurance company’s reams of paperwork and overall hassle.
4. A good auto accident lawyer will also have access to the different technical experts who will be able to examine specifics related to the car crash. Though those who have been involved in a car crash may be able to explain the events, the case might also require the technical expertise of chiropractors, auto body specialists and forensics experts to piece together a case that you will win.
5. An auto accident lawyer will have other comparable car crash cases and outcomes to compare to yours. Based on what he or she previously knows about other auto crashes and their outcomes in court, the insurance company’s lawyers and the judge dealing the case, your auto accident lawyer can guide you on whether you should settle or hold out for a more suitable offer. An auto accident lawyer also can determine whether you would benefit from alternative dispute resolution.
*The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an auto accident lawyer for advice regarding your individual situation.